Wednesday, March 07, 2007

FLY ME TO THE MOON

Some of the best stories I can tell you, I hear from other aircrew members. I was in a crew van in Mexico City this past week enroute to our hotel with my copilot and 5 flight attendants. I was listening to a flight attendant relate to us an incident that he was a part of recently. FlyGuy was not a witness to this event, but I have no reason not to believe it. The flight attendant was working a flight in the first class cabin. He immediately recognized Lance Armstrong, the seven time winner of the Tour de France, entering the first class cabin. Another flight attendant was working with him and he informed her that Lance Armstrong was in seat 3B and would she like to bring him his drink. She became very excited and said, “Do you think it would be OK for me to ask him what it was like walking on the moon”? It was of course Neil Armstrong who was the first human to step onto the moons surface on July 20th, 1969. Lance Armstrong was born two years later in 1971. Well, the flight attendant telling this story then said to the other flight attendant, “Sure, I don’t think he would mind at all”. The flight attendant walked up to Lance Armstrong and said, “Sir it is an honor to have you on board today. If you don’t mind me asking, what was it like walking on the moon”? Lance Armstrong looked at her and said, “I ride bikes”. To which she replied, “You rode a bike on the moon”? Be Safe, FlyGuy.

5 Comments:

Blogger turnipHed said...

That reminds me of one time when an FA on my crew grabbed the "Braille" briefing cards to assist her in briefing a PAX on our flight that was DEAF.

I asked her if she thought it would help for the PAX to stare at the bumps!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi neighborh. i found it~! used the picture i took of you from career day w/ the url on the white board 8-) nice writing. i had no clue~! cg

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was brilliant. Very funny stuff.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today (5 August) is Neil Armstrong's birthday.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! PURE GOLD!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home