Friday, August 31, 2007

Seattles' Sky



One of the greatest cities in the world is Seattle. Always a good layover. If you like good beer and seafood it is even better. Flew in under partly cloudy skies and clear air. I usually walk down to Pikes Place Market. The place is always a beehive of activity during the day and dead as a door nail at night. One shop called Piroshki Piroshki, is across from the market area and they make some mean baked goods. Plenty of places for good chowder but I am partial to the chowder at Ivar's. The Brooklyn restaurant is unique. They have great plank salmon and you can mix different shellfish with different beers or wine. The new baseball stadium is fantastic but tickets sell out fast. For all of us working stiffs out there, Happy Labor Day. Be safe, FlyGuy

5 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Hey Fly Guy...next time you're in Seattle, go and eat at Ray's Boathouse. Best seafood I ever had and now I try and eat there whenever I'm in Seattle (which isn't often enough!).

Cheers,

James

9:06 PM  
Blogger Notes and letters to myself.... said...

When I was a girl growing up in Seattle, it was always a treat and a tradition to go along the water front and eat Fish, Chips, and Chowder at the Ivars down there.

We'd feed our french fries to the Seagulls as we sat outside. Then we'd walk up to Pikes Place Market, and hang out with our friends and threw fish about. (The own and worked at the fish market).

We'd also go to the Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe. It's now down on Pier 54. And you have got to see Sylvester the Mummy.:):)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Metropolitan Grill is the best (AKA "The Met"). Get the Cajun blackened Prime Rib.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I love your pictures (even though I'm afraid to fly)!

6:05 PM  
Blogger LBJ said...

I went to college initially in Seattle and was based there for one of my first airline jobs. Still visit the family there.

A simple neighborhood bar down on 4th Street is Two Bells Tavern
There's a reason it's ALWAYS busy, Their burger alone, a fat, flavorful doorstop served on a chewy french roll is worth the visit on an overnight.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home